01 August 2016

Blazing Man by Apple Pencil & Procreate


I kept on experimenting with human portrait. Actually I only planned to do some "iterative sketches" to get myself familiar with drawing heads at different angles.
But as can be seen in the video, once drawn beyond a point I couldn't stop myself lol.

This is the completed painting, for now. The more I look at it the more I feel there's not enough contrast, which is why I kept darkening the face until the features are almost invisible.
Blazing Man (Final)

This is what he looks like:
Blazing Man (Line Drawing)

The highlight layer.
Blazing Man (Highlight)

Highlight and shadow only, or should I call it the value layer? I wanted to try painting values directly into the color layer, but didn't exactly know how to proceed, so opted to stick to familiar grounds.
Blazing Man (Shadow + Highlight)

With lines hidden. The edges are almost distinct enough except in a few parts such as the jaw or the hair, making the whole thing looks a bit dull and soft. The reason I put wrote "Vengeance" there is because the body (and the background) is a bit to the left so there's a wider space to the right, and I thought it would look good with some writings there. Being a writer I should've come up with a better word or slogan than "Vengeance". Something in Chinese would look good I suppose...
Blazing Man (Final with Line Drawing)

And here's the video as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

歡迎留下您對於以上作品或文章寶貴的感想與意見。
Please feel free to leave your comments here.